Process for Preparing for Confirmation at Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart Confirmation preparation is for Youth in grades 10 – 12 who
have been baptized* Catholic and received the sacraments of First Eucharist and Reconciliation.
*For those who have not received the sacraments of baptism and/or First Eucharist and Reconciliation, please contact Ally Toth through the parish office.
This process asks you to:
- Complete a registration form, pay the $20 fee and provide a copy of your baptismal certificate.
- Practice your faith by celebrating Sunday Liturgy and the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Invited to participate in Life Teen program on Sundays from 4 – 5:30 pm followed by 6 pm Sunday Liturgy.
- Attend and actively participate in ALL sessions of preparation for Confirmation listed here.
- *Parent/Candidate meeting - Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6 pm in Hope Hall
- *Sponsor/Candidate Session
- *Six in home Group Sessions
- *Weekend Retreat - ICYC (date tbs) and/or Pilgrim Cove (April 18-20, 2020)
- *Service project
- Choose a Sponsor; an active, Confirmed Catholic, at least 18 years of age, and not your parent.
- Write a Letter to Bishop Peter Christensen. (Assistance will be given for this.)
- Interview with Youth Minister.
During the process of preparing for the sacrament of Confirmation, the Candidate with the Youth Minister will discern readiness to celebrate this Sacrament.