Process for Preparing for Confirmation at Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart Confirmation preparation is for Youth in grades 10 – 12 who
have been Baptized Catholic and received the Sacraments of First Communion and Reconciliation.
This process asks you to:
- Complete a registration form, pay the $20 fee and provide a copy of your baptismal certificate.
- Practice your faith by celebrating Sunday Liturgy and the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Invited to participate in Life Teen program on Sundays from 4 – 5:30 pm followed by 6 pm Sunday Liturgy.
- Attend and actively participate in ALL sessions of preparation for Confirmation listed here.
- Parent/Candidate meeting - Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6 pm in Hope Hall
- Sponsor/Candidate Session
- 12 Candidate Sessions at the Church (Sessions start in January)
- Weekend Retreat - ICYC (March 13-15, 2020) and/or Pilgrim Cove (April 18-20, 2020)
- Choose a Sponsor; an active, Confirmed Catholic, at least 18 years of age, and not your parent.
- Write a Letter to Bishop Peter Christensen. (Assistance will be given for this.)
- Interview with Fr. Rob Cook and attend Confession.
During the process of preparing for the sacrament of Confirmation, the Candidate with the Youth Minister will discern readiness to celebrate this Sacrament.